Here’s a quick screen-grab from the official London 2012 website which shows where the Olympic Torch will travel on its way to the Olympic Park in July.
As you can see it spends its last 7 days touring the capital after leaving Guildford, with each yellow dot indicating a special evening event which will take place to celebrate the torch’s passing, as follows:
- Saturday 21 July (Day 64) – Town Hall, Walthamstow
- Sunday 22 July (Day 65) – Danson Park, Bexley
- Monday 23 July (Day 66) – Tooting Bec Common, Wandsworth
- Tuesday 24 July (Day 67) – Walpole Park, Ealing
- Wednesday 25 July (Day 68) – Alexandra Park, Haringey (home to Alexandra Palace)
- Thursday 26 July (Day 69) – Petty France, Westminster (I spot a possible error here – the Mall and Buckingham Palace are only 100 yards away, which is probably where the dot is supposed to be?)
- Friday 27 July (Day 70) – Arrives at the Olympic Stadium
At least these events will give those of us who haven’t been selected to volunteer or who haven’t managed to pick up tickets an opportunity for some involvement in what’s going on around the 2012 Olympics. Are you going to be volunteering in some capacity or have you managed to get hold of tickets for one of the key events? I’d love to hear about it in the comments.